We all have different skin types and knowing what skin type you have will save you a whole lot of stress. Some people who have problems with their skin probably do not know how to identify what kind of skin they have and also lack proper information on how to care for it. Skin types include: Oily skin, dry skin, normal skin, sensitive skin and combination skin.
How do you know which skin type you have?
Oily skin: You’ll often wonder why some people’s skin shines a lot even without using any form of cream. It is because the pores of the skin are a little bit enlarged which makes it prone to pimples and the like. Such skin type is also very rough.
Dry skin: This type of skin lacks oil and looks dehydrated most of the time.
Normal skin: Having this skin type does not necessarily mean that your skin is without flaws. It just means that you neither have oily nor dry skin though sometimes it may feel slightly oily and at other times slightly dry.
Combination skin: This skin type combines two other skin types together. Here, you’ll find part of the skin oily while other parts may look dry or normal.
Sensitive skin: This type of skin is usually very sensitive to certain products which may lead to allergies in the form of rashes, swelling or redness.
Irrespective of the kind of skin you may have, utmost care is important.
Ways of caring for your skin:
- Bathe regularly and use a mild soap
- Do your research to find out what body cream will be good for your skin
For an oily skin;
- Wash your face at least twice a day with a gentle cleanser. Cleansing helps to remove dirt, germs and excess oil.
- Make use of an alcohol free toner
- If you have pimples or any form of blemish on your face, try not to prick them in order not to cause damage to your skin.
For a dry skin;
- Use a less sensitive bathing soap
- Look for the cleanser that suits your skin type and regularly cleanse your face
- Use a body cream that will help to hydrate your skin
For a normal skin;
- Use a gentle cleanser
- Exfoliate to reduce wrinkles
- Use a moisturizer
For a sensitive skin:
- Avoid using harsh beauty products on your skin like products that have alcohol in them
- Find out which skin products you are sensitive to and stay away from them.
Above all, despite the skin type you have, always try to wash your face in the morning and in the evening, drink lots of water, eat a healthy diet, get enough sleep and observe a general personal hygiene.
PS: Don’t forget to rate this article and also leave your comment/feedback