Today getting a Nigerian International Passport is very easy which is as a result of advanced technology. You now can from the comfort of your home apply for passport online, track your passport application, view application status, edit your application, pay online, reschedule your interview date and so on and so forth.
This post will show you the general process involved in applying for an international passport without hitch. The procedure is stated below:
How To Get An International Passport In Nigeria
- Your starting point is the Nigeria Immigration Homepage. On the page you can do all that is needed to process your application.
- Select the application form of your choice e.g. e-Passport Application or MRP – Passport Application Form. After selection you will be taken to the page below.
- Choose between Standard or Official e-Passport, select the processing country and click on Start Application
- Complete the Application form. Type in the correct information, then click next to continue. Please provide all required information in the asterisked field for you to proceed.
- After clicking next, you will land on another page for to further provide additional information. Fill in accurate information and select the button – “I accept full responsibility for the information provided in this form” at the end of the form. After that click print to have the print-out of your completed form.
- Submit your application by clicking the submit button for you to be taken to the Applicant details page.
- Proceed to payment by clicking on the button. Select the currency either Naira or Dollar option then click continue. There are two payment options – payment via designated banks or payment with credit/debit card. Please click here for details on the payment process.
- After you have completed the payment process and obtained your validation number, make your way back to the portal to confirm your payment. Locate the Query your application payment status, enter your Passport application ID and reference number. Enter your validation number and when the field appear, follow the instructions carefully till you get to where you see your e-receipt or Acknowledgement Slip, print them and keep them for your interview. Read more on using your validation number here. You can also make payment from outside Nigeria, select processing country (i.e. outside Nigeria) and your payment will be in US dollars.
- After you have confirmed your payment and have the printed copy of the e-receipt or Acknowledge Slip, then you are ready for the interview.
- Generate and print Guarantor form for your passport
- Get the following documents ready which you will take along for the interview. For the interview you are going to need the following documents:
- 2 recent colour passport photographs
- Acknowledgement Slip
- Payment receipt
- Print out copy of duly completed application form
- Identification letter from your local Government
- Declaration of age or Certificate of birth
- Sworn Guarantor’s form(swearing done before the commissioner of oaths, Magistrate or High Court Judge
- Letter of consent from parents’ of children below the age of 16
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
- All these and other documents must be submitted to passport office, embassy or High commission
PS: Don’t forget to rate this article and also leave your comment/feedback